Sunday 1 November 2009

Milly Mack - The Card

Hi all, it's been a little while since I made a card, guess I have been to involved with creating graphics lately, but I set to and made this one.  It was no hardship though, I don't mean to crow about my own work, but I do love the Milly Mack Image, she is definately a favourite.

The card was very easy to do as well, I have a new printer now, the 'Canon MP640', and one of it's remarkable talents is to be able to print on card up to 300gsm  So I popped a card blank into the back, did some measuring, and faffing (a technical word) on my graphics program and was able to print directly onto the 260gsm greeting card. 

The backing paper I printed was a quilt effect paper I made, and which I used to make Milly's quilted coat, so the paper and image match perfectly. I cut out a circle using my 'Cricut', and bordered it with a lovely chain effect bronze peel off.  I coloured inside each of the holes along the chain with a blue 'Sakura' glaze pen, having to go around twice to get the lovely deep blue colour shown. I then placed this and slightly raising it, using 'Pinflair Glue', onto the card base.

Milly was coloured in using Promarker pens, I chose the Digi Stamp with the quilted coat as you can see. I used a white pen to highlight some places on the image and then placed her onto the circle, raising her up once more with 'Pinflair Glue'.

I went through my button box and found some that matched really well with the buttons doing up Milly's coat, so I placed one in each corner. I also edged the card in bronze straight line peel offs, blending in with the chain border around the circle.

I hope you like Milly Mack - The Card, I had a great time making it.

Happy Crafting,

Greebs..xx

5 comments:

  1. oh wow she looks fabby!!! A great card

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HiHi Greebs

    I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve the card Milly Mack is awsome!!!
    I have started making some Chrimbo cards and i found a turkey on the internet to put on it but there weren't very many good choices, you can probably see where im going with this but would you have a go at making a Turkey for one of the Chrimbo freebies!!! Please!
    Love Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card.

    p.s. I have blog candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milly Mac is super cute!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...love th buttons for extra bling.

    ReplyDelete