Wednesday 9 September 2009

Out with the New and In with the Old

Hi all, well after the happy announcement that I had a brand new laptop for my little graphical drawings, sadly it has had to be returned as it was faulty. That will teach me for bragging to you all. Hopefully it won't be long before it is once more back with me, until then I am once more using my old faithful PC.

Anyway, onto more happier things. This is my latest ATC, which is called 'Birds in Distress'.

To make it I used a cream card with cotton effect embossing on it. I then used Tim Holtz Distressed Ink in the colours Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans, applied straight onto the card from the ink pad. This was rubbed over with a piece of kitchen towel to remove a lot of the ink, leaving a faded look. After that I spritzed the card with water and dried off using a heat gun.
The stamps are from the Tim Holtz Collection N0: 59 Floral Tattoo, which have been stamped using a Versafine Onyx Black Ink pad. I edged the ATC with a Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink pad, which I faded again using a clean piece of kitchen towel to rub off the surplus ink.
I rounded off the corners of the ATC with 'Xcut Perfect Corner Cutter', a wonderful piece of kit that I highly recommend to anyone, and voila the ATC was finished.

I hope you like the finished result as I really enjoyed getting messy when making it.

Take care all, and Happy Crafting,

Greebs..xx

2 comments:

  1. Must have a go at this - looks really good.

    Love Joan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice , great idea's on this card.

    ReplyDelete